The chin strap helps to prevent air flow leaking from your mouth by holding your chin in an appropriate position which encourages breathing through your nose during CPAP and bi-level therapy. This will help prevent your mouth from drying out by keeping the moisture in your mouth. The chin strap also helps you breathe the way nature intended – through the nose. This is the best as the nose is able to trap and remove pathogens.
When your mouth is wide open during your CPAP or bi-level therapy, pressurized area is escaping which means your airway will be collapsed. The chin strap helps prevent this and allows for continuous positive air flow to keep airways open all night long. Straps are adjustable to provide maximum comfort.
Clean the chin strap at least once a week or more often, if needed, using one of the two methods:
- Wash the chin strap by hand with a mild laundry detergent and warm water. Rinse thoroughly and line dry. Do not iron.
- Machine wash on the delicate cycle setting using cold water and mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly and line dry.
- Inspect all parts for damage or wear; replace any parts that have visibly deteriorated (i.e. tears, cracks, etc)
- Polyester Foam
- Vel Stretch
- Length: 27.5IN
- Width: 2IN
- Chin Cup Section Length: 9.5IN
- Chin Cup Section Width: 3IN